Obesity is one of the biggest problems in today’s society. We are constantly being bombarded with new food products that will change our life or taste amazing. Hundreds and hundreds of new sweets, chocolates, candies, sodas, pizzas, sandwiches, and even coffees are being invented and sold. Coffee is not a coffee anymore, it is filled with a bunch of different tastes and sweeteners.
Losing weight can be really hard if you don’t have the right information, besides being bombarded with constant new food products, we are also bombarded with different diets, teas that will help us lose weight in just 2 weeks, different pills that will give us abs overnight, but most of all, we are bombarded with false news and information!
Most people still believe that gaining weight is not their responsibility, it is not something that they could control, they give up on themselves by lying and tricking their mind into believing that they are obese just because they have bad genes, or they have heavy bones, or it is just not meant to be!
That cannot be farther than the truth.
Have you ever asked yourself how come our ancestors weren’t overweight as we? Were they born with different genes? The answer is No. We have the same genes as our ancestors, human biology is the same as they were before.
So what changed then?
Our environment changed. Obesity is in an environment that has radically changed over time, our biology stayed unchanged, We now have more than 90.000 new processed food available that we haven’t had in the past 40 years. 85% of these new products have added sugar in them. Apple juice is not an apple juice anymore, it is just a mix of sugar and a bunch of different chemicals. And sugar is very addictive.
A study presented by Dr. Serge Ahmed proved that sugar is more addictive than cocaine itself! So you’re not different from anyone else, you don’t have bad genes, your bones are not heavy, you are just misled into believing that you can not control your weight gain, You did not create this environment, you didn’t choose this biology, this is not your fault, but it is your responsibility to take your life into your own hands and create a better eating habits.
How can you lose weight?
Losing weight is really not so complicated as people think it is. You don’t need to starve yourself, you don’t need to spend a bunch of money on expensive products, pills, teas. All you have to do is to gain some knowledge of basic food nutrition.
Weight loss is simply burning more calories than you eat. If you burn more calories than you eat, your body will get into the caloric deficit which will result in losing weight,
You don’t really need to be an expert in the food industry, you can find any information about the right nutrition online. You can download some food tracking app on your phone and start tracking every single calorie that you eat.
Avoid a strict diet that will do you more harm than good, you may lose a few pounds but you will get them back soon. Don’t starve yourself. Think of this as a new lifestyle for yourself instead of just going on a strict diet for 60 or 90 days. There are plenty of tasty recipes online that you can find and start leaving that healthy lifestyle.
Here are a few tips for you;
- Drink enough water every day. Water is such a big factor when it comes to losing weight and overall health. The average amount of water that every adult human body requires is 2 liters per day, so make sure you drink your water every day. If you are not a big fan of water, start by drinking 1 liter per day and slowly increase your water intake.
- Make sure you sleep well. A bad sleeping pattern can have a bad effect on your body and cause your metabolism to slow down which makes you gain weight.
- Eat your veggies. Even if you don’t like eating vegetables you should start eating them. I’m not talking about steamed broccoli, you can find some different recipes online for making a tasty salad. Or you can simply make a tasty smoothie with fruits and vegetables.
- Do your research. Take a few hours to get the right knowledge about the food you eat, see which food is rich with carbohydrates and is high in calories so you know what to avoid.
- s that you can do in your room without even having dumbbells or weights. If you don’t want to work out, just go for a run, walk, hike, or swimming.
- Avoid sugar and processed food as much as you can. You have thousands of healthy recipes on the internet.
Remember, if you have the right mindset you can do anything.